Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fatalis Guild Forum

4 posters

Mabinogi Dev Journals: 'Classic Update' Adds New Mount, Same Sex Marriage

Drohl
    Drohl

Mabinogi Dev Journals: 'Classic Update' Adds New Mount, Same Sex Marriage Empty Mabinogi Dev Journals: 'Classic Update' Adds New Mount, Same Sex Marriage

Post by Drohl Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Nexon America’s Mabinogi is preparing to release its “Classic Update” which includes the new Puppeteer talent, a new talent system which allows for more specialized training and higher stats, a new mount, Bone Dragon mount and a change to the game’s wedding system where characters of the same gender are now allowed to marry.

The Puppeteer talent gives players several new skills including controlling two puppets, Pierrot and Colossus, to aid in battle, and allows players to grab enemies on the battlefield with the use of control bars. The Puppeteers also can follow a new quest-line to sharpen their new skills.
    The new Talent System replaces the destiny system, allowing for more specialized training and higher stats. As part of the Talent System, several skills were added including mining, commerce mastery, milking, mushroom gathering, and sheep shearing.
    The new mount, the Bone Dragon, is a fierce flying dragon with fiery red eyes and an exposed skeleton. The Bone Dragon is available in several colors including black, red and green.
    Weddings are a popular element in the game with more than 67,000 in-game unions since the game launched in 2008. Characters of the same gender are now allowed to marry in-game, following countless suggestions from players asking for the feature to be added in this fantasy life MMO.

“When players speak out about specific content, we do our best to deliver,” said Teddy Kim, Nexon America’s Mabinogi producer. “That is the great thing about Mabinogi; it allows players fully immerse themselves in the lives they take on in-game. Players can get married, fight dragons, become musicians or learn to cook. We think that opening up the wedding system to same gender characters is fully in the spirit of offering nearly limitless options to our players.”
    Mabinogi’s “Classic Update” content will be live in the coming days. For more information or to download and play Mabinogi for free, go to: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/.
    Source:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/330/feature/6837/Mabinogi-Classic-Update-Adds-New-Mount-Same-***-Marriage.html?nxid=10
    Discussion:
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums#%2Fshowthread.php%3F597221-G17-Press-Release%26nxid%3D10

Characters of the same gender are now allowed to marry in-game...
    Characters of the same gender...
    same gender...
    ...me gen...

At least now I won't feel so bad for when I decide to become a Drohlette. inb4 troll Posted by Mabinogi on Facebook. Might be legit.
    Jadexpo
    Jadexpo
    Officer
    Officer

Mabinogi Dev Journals: 'Classic Update' Adds New Mount, Same Sex Marriage Empty Re: Mabinogi Dev Journals: 'Classic Update' Adds New Mount, Same Sex Marriage

Post by Jadexpo Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Wow Bone Dragon pets already? I thought it was gonna take awhile for it to show up xD
    Teoh
    Teoh

Mabinogi Dev Journals: 'Classic Update' Adds New Mount, Same Sex Marriage Empty Re: Mabinogi Dev Journals: 'Classic Update' Adds New Mount, Same Sex Marriage

Post by Teoh Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:09 pm

I am disappointed in the Same-sex marriage in game. Not because I am Christian (though i am one) but because it doesn't fit the game itself. The setting for the game is like medieval times/viking times. People who homosexual are treated as a disease or cursed by demons those times. It just doesn't feel right in the game. Then again...im a warrior who uses a Lightsaber to fight...who am i to say that...orz
    Drohl
    Drohl

Post by Drohl Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Milletians.

/aliens.jpg
    Trevrev
    Trevrev
    Guild Leader
    Guild Leader

Post by Trevrev Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:46 pm

time to waste even more of my money...lol
    Teoh
    Teoh

Post by Teoh Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Dwelver wrote:Milletians.

/aliens.jpg

While on foreign land, respect the law of the foreign land. -forgot who said this but he was wise
    Drohl
    Drohl

Post by Drohl Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:24 pm

I suppose you're right. Even though milletians do not possess a definite gender.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:02 am